Hello my lovelies! I hope you’re staying safe and well at home and keeping busy, not looking at the awful news too much! The good news is that I am hoping to take your mind off of what’s going on outside with today’s blog post. And incase you didn’t guess it from the title of today’s post, ‘The Weight Of My Worlds’ has just turned 2 years old.
I can’t believe it! And since my blog has turned 2, I thought I’d reflect on what has happened over the last year on the blog and in my life!
111 blog posts, loads of fun photoshoots and tries so far and I can’t wait for so many more!
So, I thought I’d keep last years theme going by having a look at my favourite blog posts I’ve written over the last year. And with that, let’s get right into it!
First up we have January’19 :
- Body Positive Instagram Accounts You Need To Follow – I couldn’t decide which blog post was my favourite for this month, because to this day I still follow and love so many body positive and body neutral instagrams, because seeing people of all backgrounds and appearances loving themselves is such a huge mood booster!
- Finding My Style – I couldn’t talk about January 2019 without mentioning my ‘finding my style’ post. I love expressing myself through my style, and I love seeing how my style has changed over time!
- A Year Of Blogging – That’s an easy one. It’s amazing how fast time has gone and I loved writing that post just as much as I love writing this one now!
- The Sun: Living With Our Star – London Science Museum Trip! I loved creating this post, going to London and visiting the museum was such an incredible weekend that I will never forget, and I can’t thank the Science Museum enough for having me, I’ve been back since and it’s always a great day out for everyone!
- Styling a T-Shirt 7 Ways – This was my first ever video, and it was so much fun to film! I haven’t done any style videos since, but that is definitely something I’d like to do in the next year!
- I Hate My Belly, So I Got My Belly-Button Pierced – It would be silly to not include this post; it was a scary experiment to do, but it was so worth it!
- I Tried Lush’s Henna Hair Dye – As someone who loves to switch up her hair, whether that be with colour or a haircut, trying henna was certainly on my list of things to try, especially since it doesn’t damage your hair, and it worked amazingly!
- Why You Shouldn’t Care If Your Clothes Are Made For Men Or Women – i love androgynous style, I’ve never really cared whether or not my clothes were sewn for a particular gender, and I will forever go by the notion: ‘if I like a piece of clothing, I’ll wear it, regardless of what part of a shop it’s in’.
- My Trip To Edinburgh – Everyone loves a holiday! And I had such a lovely time in Scotland, even if it tipped it down for most of the time; there’s so much to do, and has loads of great shops and cafes!
- Harry Potter Inspired Outfits – I love putting together outfits, and as you know, I love Harry Potter, and I love looking up cute outfits inspired by my favourite shows, films and books!
- My Fitness Journey – This post means a lot to me, mostly because I have struggled with weight and fitness for the majority of my lifetime, and finding a fitness routine that works for me has been incredible. And it’s all thanks to the be.come project!
- Apprenticeship Awards Ceremony – How could I not include this when it is one of the best memories I have from last year. I’m still in shock that I was awarded ‘Apprentice of the Year’, and that I got to meet Warwick Davis!
- Everyday Makeup Tutorial – This was the second video I’d filmed since my black tee styling video, and it was so much fun to do as I’d never filmed my makeup routine before! And that video is up on my IGTV still to this day!
- Top 20 Christmas Movies! – Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Christmas, and in my household Christmas starts about 2 days after Halloween. So as you can imagine, I have quite a few favourite Christmas movies!
- Easy DIY Snowmen – I had to include these, I give these out as gifts around Christmas every other year, and people are always asking me how I make them, so this post was a lot of fun to put together!
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Afraid To Change Up Your Hair – This post is great, and a prime example of how much I believe in not being afraid to change your hair is that during the current quarantine we’re in in the UK, my mum and I got bored and decided to give me an impromptu haircut. (If you want more details let me know and I’ll do a post on it soon!)
So much has changed over the last year, I’ve finished one apprenticeship, then continued learning by starting the next level up, I’ve started my own business (called Sociaglow if you’re wondering), I’ve bleached my hair to bits for fun, chopped most of it off for fun, I’m now single, and I have fully embraced who I am, in all of my weird quirky self.
And I couldn’t be happier with where I am right now. The last year has had ups and downs, but at the end of the day I have so many things to be grateful for and people that I love and cherish. And I can’t wait for what the next year will hold!
Oh, and be prepared for things to get weirder and so much more wonderful!
What’s your favourite post been from the last year? Let me know in the comments! Have a great weekend my lovelies, and stay safe out there (or should I say ‘in there’?). To keep up to date with everything I’m up to, go follow my insta’s @theweightofmyworlds and @sociaglow !